Visit Ladakh in deep winter to experience one of the world’s most magnificent and beautiful landscapes, in its most peaceful season and in total contrast to the summer crowds. You are very likely to see rare wildlife at this time of year in the frozen valleys and high above the tiny mountain villages. As winter begins, we select our route (Chadar, Lama Yuru circuit via Kongski-la, Lama Yuru to Photoksar) depending on the winter conditions and ice formation in this highly sensitive mountain ecosystem.
As winter begins, we wait for the ice formation on the chader trek route in this highly sensitive mountain ecosystem. You are very likely to see rare wildlife at this time of year in the frozen valleys and high above the tiny mountain villages.
Our route takes you deep into the frozen winter landscape among some of the world’s highest mountains and spectacular landscapes, lit under a bright winter sun and sparkling mid-winter stars. Our Camps are at about 3500 metres (11,480 feet). The cold temperatures are a challenge for everyone, but this experience is suitable for all ages and abilities.
Frozen rivers and majestic mountains
Departing from Leh by road along the frozen Indus River to our trek start point (about 50 kilometres). Our routes vary from 7-14 days (depending on your preference), taking you deep into the frozen winter landscape among some of the world’s highest mountains.
We make camp along the way, on the riverside and in caves. Our camps are at about 3,500 metres (11,480 feet) and although the cold temperatures are a challenge for everyone, this experience is suitable for all ages and abilities. Night-time temperatures are around -25 degrees centigrade : we provide you with insulated gear and tents to survive this extreme and a big hot breakfast to revive you in the bright morning.
Experience the serenity and peace of ancient villages in deep winter
Ladakh is famous for its colourful monasteries and friendly villages, where hot tea is always on offer. Visit in winter to experience true life in the mountains and find deep peace in the tranquil landscape.
Day 01 Arrival at Leh, acclimatize and overnight stay in guest house in leh
Day 02 Leh Local & Medical Check-up , After the Breakfast we will Check our medical check up via CMO Office in Leh ( Note , Medical Check-up is Mandatory )
Day 03 Get a ALTOA, NOC Certificate and Apply for Wildlife Permit & Overnight stay in Leh
Day 04 Drive to Shingra Koma via Chilling (altitude 10550ft) (about 10km), overnight stay in tents
Day 05 Trek Shingra Koma to Tibb Cave (altitude 10,760ft) (15km), Overnight Stay in Tents.
Day 06 Trek Tibb cave to Neyrak Camp (altitude 11,150ft) (12.5km), nearby frozen waterfall. Overnight stay in tents.
Day 07 Return to Tibb cave (about 12.5km trek), overnight stay in tents
Day 08 Trek Tibb cave to Shingra Koma (15km), Overnight stay in Tents.
Day 09 Early Morning Return to Shingra Koma then drive to Leh (about 75km). Overnight stay in guest-house in leh.
Day 10 Enjoy a last view of Ladakh before Leaving to Leh Airport for your flight home. We hope you depart with happy and vivid memories of this enchanting, mysterious landscape and we look forward to welcoming you again in Ladakh. Why not share some of your photos and memories via our website and Facebook group/Page?
Inclusion & Exclusion
- Comprehensive pre-trip briefing and guidance on equipment and preparation activities
- Transfer to/from Sumdho Chenmo | Chilling and Leh for the start and finish of the expedition
- We Include your Accommodation in Leh at Day 01, Day 02, Day 03 & Day 09.
- Accommodation during the expedition (homestay or tents)
- Driver Allowance
- 3 hot meals per day, per person, including hot drinks and hot breakfast
- Expedition Guide and local porters
- Team Leader’s
- High mountain gear: crampons, ice-axe, ropes
- first-aid and medical kit
What's not included:
- We doesn't Include your Meal Plan in Leh During Stay in Hotel (No Meal Plan)
- We doesn't include Heater Facility in Room If you need than its will be extra cost as per Hotel Standard Rate
- We don't include your flights to/from Leh-Delhi and other destinations, but we can help you with your booking: please enquire.
- We don’t include Airport drop & Pick-up Service, but we can arrange the cab for you with your booking : please enquired
- Require a permit to travel around in Ladakh. We will help you arrange this (at your own cost, usually around Rs.2200/Per Person for the International Guest & Rs.2000/Per Person for the Domestic Guest for your entire itinerary) on arrival into Leh by the Wildlife Department's of Leh.
- If you require extra porter(s) during the trek, please note daily rates are approximately Rs.600/ per porter.
- We don't include taxi fares and monastery entry fees for sightseeing in and around Leh, but we can help you arrange local day trips as part of your itinerary: please enquire.
- You are responsible for arranging your personal travel insurance and ensuring your physical fitness for the expedition. We can advise on recommended scale of cover.
- ALTOA Fees Rs.800/ Per Person
- Travel Insurance & Medical Fees @Rs.3000 Per Person
- GST Taxes (5%)
- Department of Wildlife Protection Fees Rs. 40/Per Person.
Please note all Trekker’s to certain locations in Ladakh require a permit, which must be arranged for you by your local agent on Day 1. Please carry with you your valid photo ID (passport, driver’s license, voter ID card, Aadhaar Card) for processing your permit documents for Chader Trek’s, Wildlfe Reserve Permit and ALTOA Fees We strongly recommend all our travellers arrange their travel insurance and carry these documents with them during the trip.
Please Note : The Extra Fees for the Trek as Per Follow :
Government's & Local Association Extra Fees :-
- ALTOA Fees Rs.800
- Wildlife Fees Rs.2000 (Domestic) Rs.2200 (International)
- Travel Insurance & Rescue Rs.3000
- Medical Check-up Rs.200
*Accommodation in Leh as Per Standard you can book @ Extra charges Cost as Follows :
- Single Occupancy Rs.1800 pp
- Double Occupancy Rs.800 pp
- 03 January 2019 - 12 January 2019 - First Batch - Open
- 11 January 2019 - 20 January 2019 - Second Batch - Open
- 18 January 2019 - 27 January 2019 - Third Batch - Open
- 27 January 2019 - 05 Febuary 2019 - Fourth Batch - Open
How to book
➔ Call +91-8146591625
➔ Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note we don’t currently accept online payments, but we can accept online bank transfers & Cash