Make sure that you are completely acclimatized before you start your trek. To make your trek pleasant we highly recommend you to rest for at least three – four days at Leh. Rumtse is located at an altitude of 4100mts approximately, 70kms away from Leh. Being on the high altitude, people usually have altitude sickness if they are not fully acclimatized. During the trek you will pass through many high passes, Tsokar the salt lake and Tsomoriri lake with an opportunity to meet nomads, grazing their herds of goats and sheep’s while you scale the altitude of Changthang.
Day 01: Arrival in Leh :
Arrival at Leh airport, to be received by our representative and transferred to the Hotel. Check in to the hotel for a complete day of rest wherein welcome tea and coffee will be served by the Hotel. Lunch will be served at 2.00 PM. After lunch, visit Leh Market, Leh Palace, Hall of Fame and Shanti Stupa. Overnight stay at hotel.
DAY 02 - LEH TO RUMTSE THAN TREK TO KYAMAR
Rumtse to Kyamar(4383m). Today there would be river crossing and a lots of stream crossing.Duration – 4-5hrs.
DAY 03 - KYAMAR TO TISALING
Kyamar to Tisaling(4800m) via Kyamar la pass (4870m) and Mandalchan la pass (4996m).Today would be a hard day as you would have to cross two difficult passes on your way. It would be quite an experience for you to sleep at such an altitude.Duration – 6-7hrs
DAY 04 - TISALING TO PANGUNAGU
Tisaling to Pangunagu (Tsokar lake 4398m) via shibuk la pass (5016m). From the top of the pass itself you can see the beautiful lake of Tsokar but would be quite a walk in desert before arriving there. Chances of seeing a lots of wild animals like wild asses, wolfs, yaks etc and by the lake side there would be a many different species of migrated birds. Duration – 5-6hrs
DAY 05 - PANGUNAGU TO NURUCHAN
Pangunagu to Nuruchan (4500m). Walking from Pangunagu to Nuruchan is easy along the lake. Nuruchan is on the eastern part of the lake with few small houses and wheat and barley fields. The camp near the river is excellent in the summer with beautiful flowers, green vegetation and crystal clear water. Duration – 4-5hrs
DAY 06 - NURUCHAN TO RACHUNGKARU
Nuruchan to Rachungkaru (4668m) via horlamkongka la pass (4900m). After the ascend of pass of 1hrs 30minute, it is an easy way down to the campsite. Before getting to the campsite you have to cross two rivers. In the month if July you might find a nomads. Duration – 3 -5hrs
DAY 07 - RACHUNGKARU TO GYAMALHOMA
Rachungkaru to Gyamalhoma (4985m) via Kyamayur la pass (5125m) and gyamila pass (5100m). Today you will cross 2 passes but the trial would not be difficult. Before getting to the campsite you will cross 2 streams. Duration – 6-7hrs
DAY 08 - GYAMALHOMA TO KORZOK (TSOMORIRI LAKE)
Gyamalhoma to Korzok (Tsomoriri lake) (4500mts) via Yalangyugu la pass (5100m). Today, ascend to the pass would be little hard but it is worth doing as the view of the Tsomoriri lake from the pass is majestic. After descending the pass it’s a bit long way till the village of Korzok. Korzok is the capital of Nomadic people and there is also a monastery to visit and is alongside the Lake.Duration – 6-7hrs
DAY 09 - BACK TO LEH OR CAN START ANOTHER TREK :
You can either continue you trek to kibber by adding another seven days or you can drive back to Leh
Day 10 Departure to Home :
After the breakfast we will excursion towards the Leh Airport , So its time to departure. We hope you depart with happy and vivid memories of this enchanting, mysterious landscape and we look forward to welcoming you again in Ladakh. Why not share some of your photos and memories via our website and Facebook group/Page?
Inclusion & Exclusion
- Comprehensive pre-trip briefing and guidance on equipment and preparation activities
- Transfer to/from Rumste | Tsomoriri Lake and Leh for the start and finish of the expedition
- Accommodation during the expedition (Camping tents)
- 3 hot meals per day, per person, including hot drinks and hot breakfast
- Local Guide
- Horses & Poney Men
- Supported Staff (Helper's & Porters)
- first-aid and medical kit
What's not included:
- We doesn't Include your Accommodation in Leh at Day 01 & Day 09. But we can arrange at Extra Cost.
- We don't include your flights to/from Leh-Delhi and other destinations, but we can help you with your booking: please enquire.
- We don’t include Airport drop & Pick-up Service, but we can arrange the cab for you with your booking : please enquired
- Require a permit to travel around in Ladakh. We will help you arrange this (at your own cost).
- If you require extra porter(s) during the trek, please note daily rates are approximately Rs.700/ per porter.
- We don't include taxi fares and monastery entry fees for sightseeing in and around Leh, but we can help you arrange local day trips as part of your itinerary: please enquire.
- You are responsible for arranging your personal travel insurance and ensuring your physical fitness for the expedition. We can advise on recommended scale of cover.
- ALTOA Trekking Fees Rs.100/ Per Person
- GST Taxes (5%)
- Department of Wildlife Protection Fees Rs. 40/Per Person
- Enter in National Park/Wildlife Sanctuary Fees Rs.100 Per Person for 5 Days.
Please note all Trekker’s to certain locations in Ladakh require a permit, which must be arranged for you by your local agent on Day 1. Please carry with you your valid photo ID (passport, driver’s license, voter ID card, Aadhaar Card) for processing your permit documents, Wildlfe Reserve Permit and ALTOA Fees We strongly recommend all our travellers arrange their travel insurance and carry these documents with them during the trip.
We offer a Customized Trek for all the Trekker's, Please if you want to do this trek Please write a email at firstname.lastname@example.org