Roopkund is one of the most famous treks of India. Famously known as the Mystery Lake or skeleton lake trek, this high altitude lake it is situated in the Chamoli district of the Garhwal Himalayas. It is a 5 day trek, originating from the Wan village. The best time to visit this is march end – june and september-october. With an Altitude of about 5000m, this trail provides ultimate views of the high Himalayan peaks like, Trishul, Nanda Ghungti, Banderpunch, Chowkhamba and many more. This trail also passes through, Asia’s highest meadows, The Ali Bugiyal Though trekkers can feel a bit of difficulty, this trek still remains as a sought after trek in India because of its unique and beautiful landscape. If you are willing to take a break from your daily hectic life, phone calls and emails, the gurgling brooks, numerous Oak forests, miles of rolling meadows, breath-taking campsites and the deep virgin Rhododendron trees are ready to welcome you. Set your adventure meter high as you climb from 8,000 to 16,000 feet and make it an experience of a lifetime.
Journey Day : You have to reach Wan village, the base camp. Wan village can be reached via direct bus service from Haridwar and Karnaprayag. You can also take a car from Kathgodam or Lalkuan railway station. From there a whole car can be booked or you can take a shared car to Dewal, from where another car will take you to Wan. Trek
* Note You Have to Reach Wan Village the Day before your Trek Start.
Day 1: The trek starts in the morning post breakfast. Today’s Camp site will be BediniBugiyal. You will be provided packed lunch to be consumed on the way. Reach Bedini by afternoon. Take rest after reaching the campsite. There snacks will be provided. Many snow clad peaks like Trishul, Nanda Ghungti, Banderpunch, Chowkhamba etc can be seen from here. Dinner will be served by 7.30 PM Trek
Day 2: Freshen up and get set to start your trek. Breakfast will be served by 7 A.M. The destination today is Baguabasa, the summit camp. Lunch will be served on the way. Passing through Patharnachuni and KalluVinayak, Baguabasa camp site can be reached after a trek of about 9 Km. Snacks will be provided on reaching the camp. Have an early dinner today as you will attempt the summit climb on the next day. Trek
Day 3: Wake up very early morning as we will start our journey by 4 a.m. We start our journey after a hot drink and start the climb. Post summit we descend back to Baguabasa and have our breakfast. Post that we proceed down to our camp for today, PaththarNachauni. Lunch will be served on reaching the camp. Take rest for the remainder of the day. Trek.
Day 4 : Today we visit Ali Bugiyal, Asia’s highest meadow. We set out from Paththar Nachauni post breakfast. After a short leisure at Ali, we descend to Gharaoli Patal and make camp there Trek
Day 5 : Today is the last day of the trek. We will have our lunch enroute at Neel Ganga. You can soak your feet in the rejuvenating waters of the river and feel the strain of the trek wash away. We will reach Wan, early in the afternoon and have the evening in leisure.
Journey Day : Two buses leave from Wan at early morning, one for Haridwar and another for Karnaprayag. You can avail that. Or you can take the bus to Dewal, wherefrom a car will take you to Lalkuan or Kathgodam Station.
- Breakfast: Upma/Poha/ Roti-Sabji/Maggi
- Lunch: Khichri, Dum Aloo and Achaar
- Packet Lunch: Alu Paratha with Achaar.
- Snacks: Tea with Pakoda
- Dinner: Rice, Dal and Sabji
Hot water is available on chargeable basis. 10 Rs/ Litre.
- Accommodation Tent, Sleeping Bag and Sleeping Mat
- Food in fixed menu basis
- Trekking staff (Mountain Guide, Porter etc)
- Any extra snacks and beverages
- Any train/bus fare
- Any food other than mentioned
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
If for some reason you wish to cancel the trip, email intimation (firstname.lastname@example.org) needs to be sent to along with telephonic information.
The cancellation charges are as under :-
- Cancellations prior to 20 days fromthe start of the trip —50% refund.
- Cancellation between 10 days and 20 days to the start of the trip —30% refund.
- Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trip — NO REFUND
For Terms of Condition please click here
- Batch 1 : 10th Sep to 14th Sep 2018 ( Trek Days from Wan Village to Wan Village) 20 Seat.
- Batch 2 : 16th Sep to 20th Sep 2018 ( Trek Days from Wan Village to Wan Village) 20 Seat.
- Batch 3 : 22nd Sep to 26th Sep 2018 ( Trek Days from Wan Village to Wan Village) 20 Seat.
- Batch 4 : 28th Sep to 2nd Oct 2018 ( Trek Days from Wan Village to Wan Village) 20 Seat.
- Batch 5 : 4th Oct to 8th Oct 2018 ( Trek Days from Wan Village to Wan Village) 20 Seat.
- Batch 6 : 10th Oct to 14th Oct 2018 ( Trek Days from Wan Village to Wan Village) 20 Seat.
- Batch 7 : 16th Oct to 20th Oct 2018 ( Trek Days from Wan Village to Wan Village) 20 Seat.
- Batch 8 : 22nd Oct to 26th Oct 2018 ( Trek Days from Wan Village to Wan Village) 20 Seat.