This trek is easily accessible from Leh and offers a large diversity of landscapes. The green oasis of the Markha Valley guarded by Kang Yatse 6400mts from east and Zanskar range from the south west. From any of the high points you can have breath-taking views of the Korakoram Saser Kangri peak (7670mts) Stok Kangri (6150mts) Kang Yatse 6400mts.and Nun Kun (7135mts.) During this trek you will go through many scattered high villages, each with irrigated fields of barley, wheat and mustard which adds brilliance to the landscape of this broken moon land, and Markha valley trek is a part of Hemis National Park, Where there is always an opportunity of spotting wild animals.
Day 1 Arrival at Leh
Meet at Leh and check in to the hotel. This day is reserved for relaxation and acclimatisation as it is vital for a healthy trip ahead. Overnight will be spent in hotel.
Day 2 - Day at Leh
Spend one more day at Leh. Unravel the ancient monasteries, palaces and museums that the place is famous for. Visit Shey and Thiksey Gompa and also Stok Gompa. Being in the same destination will assist in getting acclimatised well for high altitude. Towards the evening, enjoy a hike to Leh palace. The remaining evening will be spent at leisure Overnight will be spent in a hotel.
(Note : You can Start your Trek from kaya via crossing Bridge of Markha, In that Case you can skip one days, Contact us for via Kaya start point)
Day 3 - Leh - Zingchen (3400m) - Yurutse (4150m) (Trek/4hrs)
On the first day of the Markha Valley trekking, indulge in an early breakfast and drive through Spikut Village to reach Zingchen. This is where your hike of short stage and moderate gradient begins. Enjoy the trail through Rumbak Village to reach Yurutse and come across several stream crossings. The site is a winsome one with barley fields all around. Overnight at Yurutse Homestay.
Day 4 - Yurutse (4150m) - Ganda-La (4800m) - Skiu (3400m) (Trek 7/8hrs)
This balmy day, in the initial stretch of the trek, ascend to Ganda La (4900 m). Expect a steep climb and strong winds towards the latter half. From the pass, enjoy views of valleys on both side, Zanskar range and some distant summits of the Himalayan range. Commence descending to Shingo Village, after which, the trail makes its way into a narrow gorge leading towards Skiu, where a confluence of the rivers come from Markha Valley and Shingo. Overnight will be spent in Homestay.
Day 5 - Skiu (3400m) - Markha (3800m (Trek 6/7hrs)
Brace yourself for a long and moderate hike till the charming Markha Village. Cross several streams along the way. Reach the hamlet that is a trove in the middle of this cold and arid desert. The place is laced with green fields, willow trees and a deserted palace. Camp beside a gurgling stream. Overnight will be spent in Homestay.
Day 6 - Markha (3800m) – Hankar (4150m, Trek /4-5hrs)
Today lap up fetching views all around and come across many stream and river crossings. Make way through settlements and grazing ground. Take in the stunning view of Kangyatze Peak (6400m) when walking towards Hankar. We will select a great camping ground and set tent there. Overnight will be spent in Homestay.
Day 7 - Thochuntse (4150m) - Nimaling (4700 m) (Trek/ 4hrs)
Wallow in a short walk to arrive at the Nimalaing campsite. The place is a beguiling one with wide open valley with unbridled grazing grounds, and the backdrop of Kangyatze Peak. Do note that there is constant wind blowing in the area making situation slightly uncomfortable. If you wish, you can also avail of a side trip today towards the base camp of Kangyatse. Overnight will be spent in Homestay Tents.
Day 8 - Nimaling (4700m) - Kongmaru La (5150m) - Sumdo (3800m) - Leh 3500m (Trek 7hrs) (Drive 2hrs)
Dig into an early breakfast and take on a steep climb to reach the top of the highest pass on the trail - Kongmaru La (5200m). Take in the great sights of Nun Kun in the West and Saser Kangri to the North. Cherish some moments here before climbing down to Chu-skurmo, from where your trail is a flat walk along the river till you come to the road head at Shang-Sumdo. From here, hop on to a vehicle to drive back to Leh. Overnight will be spent at a hotel.
Day 9 - Departure from Leh
After the breakfast we will excursion towards the Leh Airport , So its time to departure. We hope you depart with happy and vivid memories of this enchanting, mysterious landscape and we look forward to welcoming you again in Ladakh. Why not share some of your photos and memories via our website and Facebook group/Page?
Inclusion & Exclusion
- Comprehensive pre-trip briefing and guidance on equipment and preparation activities
- Transfer to/from Zingchen | Shang-Sumdho and Leh for the start and finish of the Treks.
- Accommodation during the Treks (homestay or tents)
- Traditional Home-stay
- Meals during Treks per day, per person.
- Guide and Porter
- first-aid and medical kit
What's not included:
- We doesn't Include your Accommodation in Leh at Day 01, Day 02 & Day 08. But we can arrange at Extra Cost.
- We don't include your flights to/from Leh-Delhi and other destinations, but we can help you with your booking.
- We don’t include Airport drop & Pick-up Service, but we can arrange the cab for you with your booking.
- If you require extra porter(s) during the trek, please note daily rates are approximately Rs.1000/ per porter.
- We doesn't include your Extra Meal Cost during Treks.
- We don't include taxi fares and monastery entry fees for sightseeing in and around Leh, but we can help you arrange local day trips as part of your itinerary.
- You are responsible for arranging your personal travel insurance and ensuring your physical fitness for the expedition. We can advise on recommended scale of cover.
- ALTOA Trekking Chit Fees Rs.100/ Per Person
- GST Taxes (5%)
- Department of Wildlife Protection Fees Rs. 40/Per Person
- Enter in National Park/Wildlife Sanctuary Fees Rs.100 Per Person for 5 Days.
Please note all Trekker’s to certain locations in Ladakh require a permit, which must be arranged for you by your local agent on Day 1. Please carry with you your valid photo ID (passport, driver’s license, voter ID card, Aadhaar Card) for processing your permit documents for Wildlfe Reserve Permit and ALTOA Fees We strongly recommend all our travellers arrange their travel insurance and carry these documents with them during the trip.
We are daily Departure & Customized Trips.
Pricing for the Trips :
- 1 Pax Rs. 26000 Per Person
- 2 Pax Rs. 19000 Per Person
- 4 Pax Rs. 16000 Per Person
- 6 Pax Rs. 14500 Per Person